A residential house was damaged in a massive fire in Takyabal area of Krankshivan colony in Sopore town on Wednesday.
An official said that a fire broke out in a double storey residential house in Takyabal Krankshivan.
“Soon after the incident, police and locals rushed to the spot to douse off the flames,” he said, adding that before they could have doused the fire, the house was completely damaged
He added that the cause of fire was not immediately known.
Meanwhile, locals alleged delay on part of Fire and Emergency department led to the complete damage to the house.
“Arround 3:50 pm we informed the department but they reached after an hour to douse off the flames. Until they reached to the spot, house had already turned into ashes,” they said.
A Fire and Emergency Official said that lack of proper communication led to chaos.