Srinagar, June 03, KDC: A 24-year-old orphan girl died on Thursday after she tasted some leaves of ‘poisonous’ grass in Kangan area of Central Kashmir’s Ganderbal district.
Sources told news agency Kashmir Dot Com that an orphan girl (name withheld), daughter of late Nazir Ahmed Var, a resident of Tangdaji Hayen was reaping grass to feed her cattle. They said the grass which is locally known as ‘Bota Ghasa’ is usually being reaped to feed the cattle after separating poisonous stuff from it.
The girl after tasting some leaves of the grass started vomiting abruptly. She was immediately taken to Sub-District Hospital Kangan where doctors referred her to SKIMS Soura for further treatment.
At SKIMS the girl died during afternoon hours. A doctor said that a post-mortem is being conducted on the girl to ascertain the real cause of the death. (KDC)